From Queens to Mexico City, and pretty much nothing in between.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Mexico - Online and In the US


I live in Mexico City, and, though I can not for the life of me find a pierogie or a gyro, finding Mexican food and ingredients is literally as easy as walking out the front door, where I am immediately greeted (and tempted) by tacos, tortas, a paleteria, the tianguis (market) and two giant supermarkets. In this, I am very fortunate.

However, my life in Mexico is a relatively new situation, and I expect that my exile will not last forever (though I have no faith that the return process will be quick and painless). When I do return home, I know that I will miss the year-round temperate weather, but I will not have to miss any of my Mexican favorites. Obviously, these days, supermarkets have plenty of Mexican necessities - tortillas, chiles and the like. For the more obscure items, or to refill my sister's Damy stash, I have always been very grateful for mexgrocer.com for its massive selection and reasonable prices. I recommend it to any Mexican-food loving gringo, and I look forward to using it myself (and eating pierogies and gyros) again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment